Thursday 26 January 2012

Changing My Wardrobe, by Deb Hanrahan

Changing My Wardrobe
- Deb Hanrahan


Changing My Wardrobe



This cover has a very strong effect on me; broken glass with a face in the reflection always has. It speaks to me of a broken identity and/or a broken mind.
This cover is light, but with a dark tone to it. The reason it has this effect, is because it is dark colours (dark blue, brown, grey, black), but it is the light shades of these dark colours that have been used. This gives the impression that though things may seem normal and good, then something dark and sad is hidden right underneath the surface.
What are your thoughts on this cover?

3 comments:

  1. To me, this cover represents a story of love, loss and despair. It looks a little like the cover for Lauren Kate's Fallen books. I may wrong about the story but the cover appeals to me any way.

    Have you read it Maria???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read it yet, but I am convinced someday I will :)
      I am very attracted to the cover and the book description as shared on Goodreads seems very interesting too.

      Delete
  2. What stands out to me most is the color of her eyes. Maybe it is the image, and the actual book cover appear different - but her eyes look purple. With a shine (glow?). The eyes, and the cracks a juxtaposed with an otherwise normal (if lovely) woman.

    I'm not sure what it tells me, except "stay away from this one. Far away."

    ReplyDelete