Tuesday 17 January 2012

The Twilight Saga, by Stephenie Meyer

The Twilight Saga
- Stephenie Meyer


Twilight



New Moon



Eclipse



Breaking Dawn



These covers are all very simple, but powerful.
I love the symbolism of the 'Twilight' cover, at least the symbolism I make of it - The apple being handed towards the reader symbolises temptation: Bella's temptation is Edward and Edward's temptation is Bella. The apple is used in The Garden of Eden when Eva gives the apple to Adam and in Snow White when the evil queen hands the apple to Snow White - and I am sure the apple has been used in lots of other stories as well to symbolise temptation.
The 'Twilight' cover and the 'Breaking Dawn' cover are my favourites, perhaps because I find that those two have the strongest symbolism.
What are your thoughts on these covers?

No comments:

Post a Comment