Friday 27 January 2012

Storybound, by Marissa Burt

Storybound
- Marissa Burt


Storybound #1



Oh, wow!
This cover is amazing.
Normally I don't share a cover in my 'Books With Appealing Covers' blog unless it is a single novel or a completed book series (so I can share all the covers of the series in one post), but I just couldn't wait to share this one - I am completely blown away by its charm.
The warm earth colours, the mysterious lights, two children (and a pet) about to enter a door to another world through a tree that seems to have a life of its own... it speaks of nature, magic, adventure, life, fairytales.... it just has IT ALL. I could stare at this cover for hours and hours and still find new stories that could be awaiting behind that door.
The cover is a story itself - and this is what makes a cover extremely appealing; when you can create your own stories just by looking at it.
What are your thoughts on this cover?

2 comments:

  1. This cover reminds me of Hansen and Grettle (or Hans and Greta if you prefer the original Grimm tale) when they go to the woods and come across the ginger bread house. For me, there's also and element if the Wizard of Oz with the sell dogstanding by the children. It's a lovely, colourful cover and looks like an interesting read. Have you read it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it does reminds me a bit of 'Hansel and Gretel' too.
      I have actually never seen 'The Wizard of Oz', but if I ever do, then I will try to remember this book cover and see for myself :).
      No, I haven't read this book, but someday I may (however, I have so many books I still need to read first, here among three book series - where one has 15 books in it) and lots of single novels too. No problem though, I love to read - I just need to take time to write on my own fantasy books too lol
      Thanks for your comment, I always like to hear others opinion, feel free to share as many of your thoughts as you like on the covers I review and feel free to suggest me book covers too if you like.

      Delete